Rules of the Site Oct 16, 2010 1:56:38 GMT -5
Post by admin on Oct 16, 2010 1:56:38 GMT -5
main rules of the site
- Listen to the admins and the staff. If they tell you to fix or change anything, please do so. If you are having a problem with one of the staff members, please PM one of the admins.
- In order to post on this forum with a character, you must be a registered user.
- No fighting outside of character. If you are having a problem with a member, please PM one of the admins or another member of the staff.
- No chat lingo outside of the cbox or the ooc board. Chat lingo, text speak, ect. will not be allowed while roleplaying in character. If you use it once, the staff will warn you. If you do it again, after a fair warning has been given, the admins will ban you.
- Don’t post in announcements unless there is a thread which says you may.
- No advertising anywhere but the advertisements board.
- You may not create accounts merely to spam or advertise. The advertising board is guest friendly. Please use it.
- This is a rated PG-13 site. Mature language and situations are allowed to an extent. If there is anything you are not sure you can post, PM one of the admins or staff about it. If an admin or member of the staff asks you to delete a post deemed too vulgar for the site, please delete it.
- You may not openly insult or slander the admins or staff, nor other members. Any kind of harassment, sexual or otherwise, is a bannable offense. We are a very open, accepting community, and any kind of slander against race, gender, sexuality, ect., will not be tolerated.
- If you break any of these rules repeatedly, the admins do have the right to ban you and your IP address.
rules for rp
- This RP is a sandbox style rpg, which has no central plot other than an academy based series of interactions between many characters. You are free to create your own sub-plot with your character and other another player's character, but remember that this rpg is centered around only the school itself, and no main characters; therefore, don't try to make it all about you and your plot.
- No Mary-Sues or Gary Stus. A Mary Sue is a character which is perfect or almost perfect, lacking any flaws (physical or otherwise) and is often an idealized version of the author. This causes the character too become to unrealistic and difficult to RP with. Make sure your character has some traits that make them human. To help you make sure your character is not a Mary Sue, use [url=http://lolitafashionrpg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=information&action=display&thread=200this
[/li][li] No god modding. The god modding is when someone performs an action or actions which are impossible to defend against. It is also used when an RPer describes how the other character is affected by an action, thus leaving the player unable to RP his/her own character.
An example of god modding is:
RP1: John punches Jim.
RP2: Jim dodges the attack, grabs John and throws him.
This is incorrect in the sense that both RPers have the ability to control the other character's actions. An acceptable version would be:
RP1: John aims a punch at Jim.
RP2: Jim dodges John's punch and instead reaches out to grab John.
Make sure that the character is able to interact with the situation, and choose how the events unfold.
You wait for others to post and then you can. God modding is an automatic bannable offense.
[/li][li] WRITE POSTS IN THIRD PERSON ONLY, PLEASE. It is unacceptable to roleplay a character in first person (using I or we), or second person (using you). Only use third person (using he, she, they.)
[/li][li] Only teachers may create class threads. You may not start a classroom thread if you are a student.
[/li][li] Posts may only be written in past-tense. Present tense is only acceptable if your character is having a flashback or a dream.
[/li][li] password?: and in my dreams, I am dirty broke, beautiful, and free
[/li][li] Activity is very important. Anyone who does not post in the in character section for an extended amount of time will be deleted. If you’ll be gone for more than two weeks please post a notice in the Absences.
[/li][li] If your character is deleted they are considered dead and gone. They cannot be remade and they cannot be played with another character. If your character was wrongly deleted, PM the admin or staff. If found founded and/or believable you will be allowed to make them again. However this is a one time thing and if deleted again you will not be able to make them.
[/li][li] If you have more than one character you cannot play one on another and you can only play one per post. If you don’t it’s lazy and annoying.
[/li][li] Posts must be at least 2, good, five to four sentence paragraphs. This is a literate, intermediate/advanced RPG. You must give another character something to respond to. If you are not complying with this rule, I will impose a word count upon the in character roleplaying section.
[/li][li] Having multiple characters is fine, even encouraged. But please be sure that you can handle more than one character before you create them. You may have as many characters as you are able to keep track of, within reason.
[/li][li]We have the right to deny an application for another character if you are not active enough already with your main character(s).
[/li][li]Do not assume multiple identities on the site.[/li][/ul]
- You may use celebrities for your characters (face claim). You may not use personal pictures found on daily_lolita or any other site like that. You may use models who model for specific brands, but you may not use people who are not technically affiliated with any brand, and simply wearing the clothes.
- Graphics must not stretch the board. Avatars must be between 65x65 and 100x100. Signatures must be no wider than 500 pixels and no higher than 350 pixels.
- You must link to your original character application in your signature. Use this code:
[url=link of your character application]name or other information/saying (you can have an image here, too) goes here[/url]
- If you post a link in a thread or post using the
[url=img url here] words here [/url]code, please underline it using this:
[u]coding here[/u]so that others can see that you linked something.
- You may not use characters from anime, manga, or cartoons.
- You may post the coordinate your character is wearing in a thread. You are not allowed to use coordinates that are already on a person for example, images pulled from daily_lolita or models modeling clothes for a certain brand. Please create these coordinates yourselves.
You may use sites like Polyvore to create coordinates. You can also take images of clothes from certain brands (i.e., the stock picture for Milky Planet from Angelic Pretty, the stock picture from Metamorphose for plain white socks) and create a collage on your computer for your coordination.
If you have multiple co-ordinations saved, please feel welcome to post them on the Closet section of the board, under the Character Center.
- You may use celebrities for your characters (face claim). You may not use personal pictures found on daily_lolita or any other site like that. You may use models who model for specific brands, but you may not use people who are not technically affiliated with any brand, and simply wearing the clothes. You may also use yourself.
A reminder to everyone: Every character created on this board must wear lolita, or another Japanese street fashion (gyaru, dolly-kei, mori girl, visual kei, oshare kei, ect.). This is a RPG primary focused on lolita fashion and some aspects of the lolita lifestyle. Please be aware of this when creating your character and roleplaying on this board.
Thank you for reading this long list of rules! <3